Splice Pieces

What are they, and how do you cut them?

As Jerry states in the video above, a common question we are asked is “how do you cut our poly panels for a filler piece?” How about what even is a filler piece?

A splice piece, also known as a filler piece, is needed when a vertical wall does not have enough space to fit a full panel but also does not quite reach to the corner. A splice piece is a cut panel piece that can be added anywhere in a wall, middle or end. The video above demonstrates one way to cut a splice piece to fit into your wall.

There are two common ways to cut a splice piece:

  • Cordless skill saw
  • Hotwire table

There are benefits to using both of these, as demonstrated in other videos. When using a cordless skill saw, it is important to remember to sand off the edge where the saw didn’t completely cut through to have a smooth edge.

Visit our YouTube page for more instructional videos or our manual page for in-depth instructions!